Organizations should understand the need for SharePoint implementation plan depending on their business requirement and infrastructure. One should understand the advantage of SharePoint functionality, without understanding the implementation fails and doesn’t bring expected ROI. Finally, customers are not benefited and lead to low productivity.
Reason for Successful SharePoint Implementation
One should understand their business needs for the SharePoint implementation services. This will help you to design
according to your business scenarios, which turns to be a successful SharePoint solution and adoption. To make it
simple, you need to understand your business goals. We will discuss a few points on success factors of SharePoint
implementations based on successful projects completed by the SharePoint team.
Design Plan for SharePoint Implementation
There are different stages of planning for successful implementation of SharePoint.
1. Discovery & Analysis: Organizations requirements are analyzed by the SharePoint team, which includes
customization’s and integration with third-party tools. Finally, relevant SharePoint functionality is chosen to streamline the process.
2. Design: Depending on business needs, information architecture is built for customers.
3. Deployment: This purely depends on SharePoint solutions such as on-premises and cloud. Data migration can be done from older versions to SharePoint or third-party software.
4. Configuration & Customization: As mentioned, SharePoint is configured based on organizations requirements. Sites & libraries, add users, determines security groups, sets up metadata views, builds navigation,etc. are built by the SharePoint team. The important information to be noted is, it more simplified because SharePoint’s built-in site templates and various web parts are present out of the box.
5. User Acceptance Testing: Testing is carried out in this stage; the SharePoint solution is tested by a selected group of users. Post testing the solution is made available for all users.
6. SharePoint Training: Training plays a major role when a solution is updated, the users should be aware of how to use it. This training mainly targets the content owners or site administrators.
7. Support & Evolution: in this stage, the IT team carries out fixing of issues where issues, upgrades, UI and UX improvisation are taken care.
Time frames should be considered very serious in SharePoint implementation projects plan, this is due to a time frame should be fixed for each step. Usually, a SharePoint project takes 3-6 months depending on the below time frames
- Discovery & Analysis – 2-4 weeks
- Design / Deployment & Configuration – 4-6 weeks
- Testing – 4-5 Weeks
- Training – 1 Week
- Support – 4 Weeks
There are two deployment models, and both vary from each other:
01. SharePoint On-Premises
02. SharePoint Online
- Quick Start
ROI of SharePoint implementation best practices
Below are the different ways to increase ROI after Implementation:
1. Using platform’s capabilities: Mainly we need to reduce additional custom and third-part application and start
using SharePoint platforms it can be an intranet, document management, collaboration hub, or maybe a blogging
2. Establishing clear governance: To achieve these companies should have SharePoint center with skilled IT
specialists who can manage from hardware to infrastructure.
3. Removing outdated Websites & Duplicate documents: SharePoint team should manage the sites by eliminating
sites, which are not used, and removing duplicate documents.
4. Deploying a Compliance Policy: To manage the system efficiently and run with regulations, one should strictly
follow compliance policy.
Factors to Increase User-Adoption
There are few factors to increase user- adoption, they are as follows:
- Refining UX & UI
- Comprehensive training
- Simplicity in features
- Regular monitoring
- Cost Management
SharePoint project starts, but it is always challenging to analyze and estimate the SharePoint implementation
cost. The organization should be aware of and include any related expenses, which will be part of the project.
Below are the related expenses:
- Security tools
- Hardware & infrastructure
- IT Staff
- Third-party Software
We at Veelead Solutions, a Microsoft SharePoint Implementation consultant Company providing globally SharePoint Solutions, We has a team of well experienced SharePoint developers, who provide custom SharePoint development as per your business requirements. Veelead has array of happy clients with on- time delivery, valued guidance and support for their SharePoint Implementation.